- American troops are the best in the world, but they have been spread thin by extended deployment.
- President Obama’s doctrine and detachment and disengagement from foreign policy ultimately makes us less secure by increasing instability. The result? We are more likely to face conflict around the world.
- At the same time the Administration disengages from protecting American interest in places like Iran, it chooses adventurism in Libya, where US interests are unclear, without consulting Congress.
- We must focus our efforts and resources on areas where our national interests are at greatest stake. We can cut wasteful spending in national defense, but mustn’t reduce our core capabilities.
- Instead of playing politics with the military’s budget, we should listen to our military experts and modernize our military to respond to today’s current threats.